Thursday 3 March 2016

Not that kinda mother...

So tonight we were eating this yum dessert my mum made... Crumbled plum cake with orange jelly, fresh strawberries and cream...

This was his first real taste of jelly.. He's had it as a baby but I think the whole yumminess of it just registered... So that's all he had... 

He combed thru all the cake and strawberries and cream and only ate the jelly.. 

Once it was over in his bowl he asked for more..

Laughing, I removed some from the main bowl and gave him more..

Then some more...

And some more...

Till it was over in the bowl...

But mister still wanted jelly...

I tried convincing him to have some cake and then I would find him some jelly.. 

No...

Only jelly Mumma...

Point is the only jelly remaining was in my bowl... And I wasn't ready to share. 

Nope. 

Not going to do it.. 

Yes he's three and I'm.. Well a bit more than three... But I'm not sharing my jelly.. Or cookie ... Or cake .. Or chips ... Or juice... Or anything that I am enjoying... 

I remember as a kid, as most people my age will, my mum not taking that extra bit of chicken or telling us how she loves the neck piece... Or the end slice of the bread... Or some other non sensical sacrificing thing like that...

And I was and am pretty sure that that's not the mother I'm going to be. Not that there is anything wrong with that... but you know what i'm saying....

Yes I will make him and get him yum things to eat... Yes I will give a good helping of it too...but no I will not let go of my piece for him... Hell, not for anyone... Atleast not unless I really want to..

There are days I have done that.. Not just with bumling but with the hubby too... 

But I only do it if I want to.. Like really really want to... Not because I feel like I should.. 

I'm sure he'll grow up loving me just as much if I don't give into his every wish.. If I don't give him my last bite... as much as i know that he will learn to be happy with what he gets like in life... its a lesson learning thing people!



















No comments:

Post a Comment