Tuesday 24 March 2015

Be like my mom?!!

Am I talking to the walls? Will you look at me when I'm talking to you....

Finish your milk or the birdie will come have it...

Finish your food or I'll give your toys to Amay...

Don't go up the stairs on your own you'll get a bump on your bum na then you'll know...

Don't touch that its hot...you want me to give you a pa pow on your bum? 

How many times to say the same thing siddy? No means no, it doesn't mean 'Ya go ahead and throw all your toys from the table...' 

Hmmmmmm I sound like someone suddenly....

Oh Ya ..

My mum!! 

I had no idea I had a 'mother' in me till my son turned two...

Sure when he was born and we went thru our breastfeeding stage and our nappy changing stage I did feel like a mum... but a Mother.... only the day he turned two...

There is something about shouting at a naughty kid that really makes you feel like a mother you know.... 


Till he doesn't drive you up the wall... doesn't run away while you try feeding him, doesn't squirm and wriggle while you try to change his clothes. doesn't stay awake when you want him to sleep and sleep when you want him to stay awake... 


Till you haven't tried every trick in the book to manipulate him, coax him, bribe him to do what you want... you have not yet experienced "motherhood"


Its amazing how a two year old can drive a perfectly rational person mental.... I say this while i watch my son put his hands into his shorts trying to remove money from his thigh (considering his shorts have no pockets... and no money!!!)


and this would have been adorable... was it not his sleep time and was he not super duper cranky but fighting his sleep....But thats just a normal day in our lives today....

The naughty monkey of a two year old and the crazy mum who puts up with him!!!! 

Sure makes me think of my mum more fondly!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment