Thursday 12 February 2015

Phase - anti water!

It's funny how a two year old goes thru phases... I thought it was a very adult thing... But nope! 

My little bumling went off water for a few days... Not to drink but to shower..

So here is the whole story..

My best friend and I, with our respective bumlings, went for a vacation to Goa... 

She has two, one younger and one older than mine... And we were super excited about this trip! 

Her older one had been to the beach a few times previously... Siddy went once to juhu beach when he was really small and he didn't care much for it.. Actually thinking back, he was petrified then too..

So the first evening itself, in Goa, we were at the beach and siddy fell in love with the expanse... The expanse of the sand and the sea.. But more so the sand.. One minute he loved the sand on his feet the next he hated it!!! 

But over all he was happy with the feel of the sand under his feet...

So I decided to dip his toes in the sea as well...

I was sooooooo excited to see his reaction to the water on his little toes! 

We went hand in hand walking towards the sea, avoiding the baby crabs and crab eggs (I think), he was getting excited as we got closer and he could feel the cool water...

At one point where I thought the water would come just over his feet I stopped.. And then a wave broke a few feet away from us and softly came and went over our feet... Siddy got so excited he started  shouting in glee... Till the water decided to go back and the current went against his feet...

That spooked him...

He tried picking his legs up but the current against his tiny feet didn't let him and that freaked him out... 

I tried again for the next few waves but nope... He didn't like it one bit.. And started saying " Mumma back Mumma no water" 

And there started our anti love affair for the sea... 

For the next three days I couldn't get him anywhere near the sea... Sand yes very much... But sea was a big no no :(

Also we had an incident in the shower .. Where at home we use a tumbler and bucket for our showers, here on the first day I used the hand shower...and he hated the force that came with it... 

So no shower no sea... Only the pool was allowed... Which was too dirty for me to be ok with.... and add to that my monthly visitor visited and killed all pool plans... 

So I had either a kid crying like he was being beaten ( seriously I was afraid the hotel staff would come and shout at me ) or a dirty kid with me for those three days in Goa!!! 

It's funny though how a little toddler can not only get so affected by these things he can hold on to it for so long... Even after we came back, it was a fight in the bathroom...

Luckily though... We took him to the club the other day for a swim... He cried before going in... But also cried when we tried to take him out!!!! 

Water is our friend again it seems... 

What an annoying phase to go thru if you ask me!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment