A baby's cry...While being the most heartbreaking its also the most annoying sound in the world... After a chalk screeching on a chalk board!
But no seriously... A crying baby can drive the most patient, the most motherly person mad!
The solution more often than not is very simple but in the chaos we tend to forget the obvious...
There are four basic reasons a baby cries:
1. Hunger: simple as that... It's been a while since his last meal... You are busy face booking... So he has decided to call out for his food!!!!
2. Sleepy: he's exhausted... Maybe played too much or ate too much.. All he really wants is to be rocked to sleep...
3. Diaper change: you just changed his diaper he can't possibly have filled it up all ready... Don't you know all babies love pooping in a fresh diaper?!! They just do...!
4. Just plain bored! : this one is a tricky one.. But if you have checked all the above.. It usually is this one... So try taking him into another room... Or give him another toy... Distract him with funny songs or a crazy mommy dance .. And he'll be laughing again!
For toddlers add these two brilliant bonuses:
5. Wants your attention: As soon as they see you pick up your phone or book or work... They feel like they have lost you and so will cry and make a fuss to get you to leave everything and come back to them!
6. A tantrum: now this cry is easy to understand... It's the one accompanied by a frown or stamping of the feet... Maybe even a bite or a whack from the kid... So don't fall for it... Frown back and let him know this won't do...
Of course sometimes like recently with bumling, he had woken up at 7:30 am (on a Sunday mind you) and by ten he was super cranky.. I didn't expect it could be sleep because he was playing a lot... But it was... As soon as I gave him some milk he passed out... So some days they do throw a googly or two at you... So double check all the reasons.. And really try to understand them as opposed to just losing your mind!