Monday 15 September 2014

A Mad Day....

Those days do come by ... when you just want to crawl into bed and pretend you have no baby... and no responsibilities...

I've had that day today...

when going to the bathroom becomes impossible because there is this little thing knocking non stop on the door...

when the words " mumma mumma mumma mumma " can pierce into your brain creating a small hole thru which your patience starts leaking out...

when there are tiny arms holding onto your legs so tight you can't move forward or backward and either your food burns on the gas or the bottle you were filling overflows because you just couldn't get there in time..

and you're exasperated and exhausted and annoyed and irritated....

you wish you could go back five years, ten even... and enjoy that reckless relaxed life again... if you could, you wouldn't take a single nap for granted, a single 'alone' moment won't seem dull...

Sipping on your cup of coffee will seem like a dream... not having to plan meals and activities... not having to sniff for potty... not having to pick up tiny toys and books every night ...

not having to be too tired to make spontaneous movie plans and dinner dates..

ahhhh!

The last ten days have been madly hectic... with the in laws here... we've been constantly doing something... going shopping or simply taking in the beautiful sea that we take for granted... add to this I had two huge orders to finish... I have not slept in ten days... well ok.. I've slept for 6 to 7 hours each day... anyone who knows me... knows that that leads to a very grumpy alishka... but I couldn't be grumpy... not when the family was visiting... so in all that I had to be happy cheerful alishka... and she's exhausting!!

So of course by the end of the ten days... i felt like i was going to fall down... and then comes the clingy little baby.... ok so he wasn't extra clingy but i felt like he was an extra limb attached to me all day that I didn't really need.....!!

I'm not being mean... I love my kid... he's my sunshine... but i think till I don't catch up on my full sleep... which doesn't look like is happening tonight (its 1:00 already!!) I will be super grumpy and unfortunately that does come out on the pudding....

So i shall sleep...and try to be fresh and cheerful tomorrow.... so that I don't miss the ten years ago alishka too much and I love the eighteen month old baby i have with me!!





No comments:

Post a Comment