Friday 23 August 2013

What should we tell a new mom?

The other day a friend of mine told me she was pregnant and naturally, I congratulated her and told her she was in for a joyride and to enjoy her pregnancy...all good right?

Well what was not so good was that she said that I was the first one to tell her something positive about having a baby... How strange... Don't you think? 

Having a baby is a one of the biggest miracles of life... It's one of those things you get happiness from which nothing else in your life can come close to...

I'm not saying that there won't be sleepless nights and there won't be poop filled diapers and you won't be stuck in the house for a long long time to come... But really? Is that what we should tell a preggie girl? 

I have seen this with marriage as well...all married couples will tell newly weds or engaged couples "oh your life is over now... You will be bound to another person your entire life"

Is that really a bad thing though? To have a person who will be a witness to everything wonderful in your life, and who will be your constant support in days that you need it the most... ?

But no... Negative things are so easy to say... Somehow, maybe if they are not having a great marriage, people say negative things because they have this terrible mentality of 'I have suffered so will you' 

For me, despite the god forsaken morning (read: all day) sickness, the 12 am 2 am 4 am 6 am 8 am feeds, the backaches, the exhaustion... I will still always, always tell mommys to be that being pregnant and having your baby are life altering moments in life.. And that they alter your life for the best :) 

So all you new mommies.. Seriously enjoy your pregnancy and enjoy your tiny little baby curled up in your arms... Because nothing is better than that feeling of being loved by a tiny human ;)



Ps: Sleep... that's the only thing I would tell a new mommy...
Seriously sleep..........you will thank me....!!!

2 comments:

  1. I remember Vini and I giving you similar suggestions!! :)) Sleep now as much as poss... it'll be a full year almost before you get a full nights sleep :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you guys are the best...!!! i tool that advice super seriously!!!

      Delete