Thursday 2 May 2013

Talking to the little one...


I read and read and read all thru the first half of my pregnancy... You need to do this and that and eat this and not that... It started freaking me out....

I decided to let it all just be and enjoy the pregnancy.... But the one thing that stayed in my mind was that all books and all online sites said you should talk to your belly so that your baby starts connecting to you and your voice....

I still remember the first day I tried it... It was super odd!!! I mean you know in movies they show these super romanticised scenes of new moms being all mushy and lovingly talking to their bellies... Well in real life not so much!!!

I mean, what do you say you know... "Hi baby what's going on?!!!" I started slow... felt pretty silly pretty often... But stuck to it for a while and slowly, slowly it not only got easier but soon I was talking to the baby all the time!!!

I would start telling him what I was doing, what I was watching on tv or what I was eating... About how he would get a taste of all the food I was enjoying thru my preggie days... And it was fun! Especially at night when he was in a super rolly polly mood... I would sing my own silly songs to him!!

I even convinced my hubby to start talking to my belly... It wasn't easy for him as well but even he was in full form towards the end reading out stories to the two of us!!

It may feel silly initially and you may not understand it... But trust me its really fun once you get into it and I really really believe the baby can hear every single thing you say or make him hear.... :)


6 comments:

  1. Hey! Your post reminded me of the long post dinner walks I used to take during my pregnancy, when I would sing a silly song that I had made up for the li'll one inside me...and every time she would respond by kicking & punching from inside (probably saying, can't you sing any better mamma!!!!) : ))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you also made up songs.... you must share it... I'm soon going to post my silly song :)!!!

      We really should catch up this time i'm in Bombay (june 8th onwards) and share lots of new mommy stuff!!!

      Delete
  2. Its actually true. Ur baby can hear everything. I had seen something about pregnancy on discovery. . They have proved it scientifically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure.... it really is a fascinating thing....

      Delete
  3. Coming from mythology, we have heard stories wherein the little life in the womb is with you already. In more ways than one....so, it makes perfect sense to tell the little one you love her/him and sharing each day with lovely little anecdotes...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed every minute of it.... I hope he did too !!! ha ha ha!!!

      Delete